i just wanted to share some of the things i have learned this past year in my adventures of being single (most of them are pretty cliché, sorry):
- cry as much as you want, whenever you want. sometimes you just need to get it all out and that is 100% okay.
- you cannot expect someone to love you if you do not love yourself.
- it is okay to be friendly with people from your past, but don’t go opening a window when the door is clearly locked.
- if someone burns you once, they will do it again.
- grow from everybody you meet whether good or bad.
- don’t be so bitter over situations you cannot control.
- whether you think you did something wrong or not, if it hurts somebody, sincerely apologize.
- it is okay to not be in a relationship even if all your friends are.
- it is okay to tell someone you don’t want a relationship. you do not need a reason why either.
- if someone doesn’t respect your faith, beliefs or body, let them go.
- anybody who truly cares about you will love you despite your mistakes and stand by you when you continue to make them unknowingly.
- we are all hypocrites so don’t be so quick to judge.
- random acts of kindness never go unnoticed
- thank you notes are a great way to express gratitude so go the dollar store and pick up a box.
- just because you gave something up for one relationship, does not mean you have to again.